Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

SHOW ME YOUR SHAKKAAAA!!!!!!

The year 6 to 8 group went to ninety mile beach to do surfing with O'Neill surf club. Our surf instructors were Keehan, Mark and Jack we were split into two groups the first group my group was all boy's,  in the 2nd group was all the the girls and three boys the 2nd group went to surf first well the went surfing my group went an played beach games. Me and my friend Liam Watene dug a 5ft deep hole our dream was to dig to China =).... we never got there though. As we were in our wet-suits and on our surf boards we had a talk about safety and how to stand up and showed us how to SHAKKAAAAA!! once we got in the water I fell over than as soon as I caught my first wave I fell again and again and again.I was with Jack he was cool he let us go way deeper then we were supposed to and he helped me ALOT! I had a really really good time well I was down there and the shakka has caught on it is so addictive.   

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora James,
    That sounds like a lot of fun! My class was supposed to go surfing tomorrow, but the weather isn't good enough. What is a shakka? Also were you able to get up on the board by the end of your lesson? Hope you had fun...

    Nice work
    -Liana

    ReplyDelete